Thursday, June 14, 2018

CELEBRATING JAMES

Everybody asks me if there will be some sort of public event in honor of James Aschbacher.

In a word: yes!

A dedicated team of Wonder Women, all very close to James and me, are planning this event with their usual wit, poise, good humor, and passion. And I am utterly thrilled they have invited me to be part of the project!

Fear not; event planners extraordinaire Ann Griswold Ostermann, Linda Bixby, Jana Marcus, and Donna Mekis are on the job. Ladies, you rock!

Celebrating James will take place on Saturday, August 25, at the Rio. (We're expecting a crowd!)

James' longtime friend and former business partner, Joe Ferrara will sing. Speakers will speak (including any audience members who wish to chime in), and a slide show of candid photographs from my vast archive will be on a loop upstage.

And of course there will be bubbly! Doors open at 6, and festivities begin at 6:30.

How can you (yes, you!) get involved? The instigators have set up a GoFundMe page to underwrite this event, and keep it FREE to the public!

We've almost reached our goal already, but believe me, it warms the very cockles of my heart to view all the notes of support and encouragement all of you in the community are leaving on the page in honor of my Art Boy!

He would be so touched! And so am I. Big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment