Tuesday, July 24, 2018

BEAST MEETS WORLD

Big fun last Tuesday night at Bookshop Santa Cruz where the fabulous staff and an SRO crowd helped me get my Beast: A Tale of Love and Revenge properly launched out into the world!




I talked. I read. I signed.



People actually showed up(!) and I was thrilled by the turnout.



Book-lovers in Santa Cruz are the best. You people rock!



Thanks to supermodels Emily, Liz, and John, for posing next to the chalkboard at the Pacific Avenue entrance announcing my event.


(And look how cool it is that they replicated the beast-in-the-rose image from my book cover.)


 Inside, all I had to do was think of something clever to say. Lucky for me my audience was very forgiving!

Bookshop Santa Cruz: the view from the podium


Thanks to Jeremy Lezin and Jane Daugherty for the pics!



Of course, it was bittersweet without my Art Boy in the front row cheering me on, but I like to think he was there in spirit!



This book would never had happened without his patience, encouragement, and endless good cheer — not to mention liberal doses of champagne at the end of the workday!


Earlier in the day, I found this lovely review of Beast on the blog teenreads, calling it, "a fairy tale retelling you really don't want to miss."

Woo-hoo!

Meanwhile, the indefatigable Marshal Zeringue, over at Campaign For the American Reader invited me to write guest posts for two of his reader-oriented blogs.

In the first, Writers Read, I divulge what I personally am reading these days.

The second site, is called The Page 69 Test. If you can't judge a book by its cover, what can you glean from page 69?

That's the premise of this site, in which authors are invited to scrutinize one page of their book (guess which one) to examine how representative it may (or may not) be of the book's larger content.

My page 69 turned out to be a pivotal moment in my story. Read it and find out why!

No comments:

Post a Comment