Sunday, June 2, 2019

MESSY & DARK

Googling around the web, I came across this page of instgram/bookstagram pics featuring Beast: A Tale of Love and Revenge!

It is, I agree, insanely photogenic. I can say that in all modesty, since I had nothing at all to do with this glorious cover design. I wish I could take the credit! Chalk it up to those creative elves in the art department at Candlewick.

Opinions on the text inside the dust jacket continue to be radically mixed.

But, boy, everyone loves that cover!

Here’s my favorite of all the images. It’s from Malin Karlsson, who operates the book review website Grimmsnaught. Very atmospheric; I like how she used the silver candelabra, the slightly decaying winter rose, and the rich, blood-red drape.

If you click the link to her site, you’ll also find one of my favorite one-sentence reviews of my Beast:

“I like this book for the simple reason that it is complicated, messy and dark.”

Thank you, Grimmsnaught!

No comments:

Post a Comment