Wednesday, October 23, 2013

HOOK IS ON THE WAY

Exciting news!

So there we were, in the middle of the last day of Open Studios, when Art Boy & I were pretty much running on fumes. During a break in the action, I snuck upstairs to check my email, and discovered that my US editor-to-be had just sent me cover art for the US edition of Alias Hook!

Of course, I can't post it here (not yet! Stay tuned!). And even though I knew there would be a US edition  coming out from Thomas Dunne Books (St. Martin's Press) in May, 2014 (in hardcover, yet!), there's nothing like feasting your eyes on the actual cover art to make it all seem suddenly real.

What's even more exciting? They're keeping the original title, to my great relief.

Could I be any more stoked? I think not!

Since then, I've spent my first day revising with my editor at TDB. 85-90% of his suggestions are right on, and for the rest, there's room to negotiate. Overall, a surprisingly painless experience!

Watch this space for further details...

No comments:

Post a Comment