Wednesday, February 5, 2014

TA-DA!

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have a drum roll please?

Presenting—the brand new cover for the US edition of Alias Hook!

Pretty cool, huh?

If you've been following my cover design saga, this is the ultimate reveal. The folks at Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press have come up with this very graphic and mysterious original art concept to grace the hardcover edition due out July 8, 2014.

I'm so relieved it's not just a photograph of a model in period costume. Or worse yet, a headless bodice! (Eek!) This cover should stand out on a crowded bookshelf.

I like the subtlety of those male and female silhouettes. (That's a thicket of roses surrounding them, btw, a concept that looms large in the story.) I love the ship in the center and, of course, the second star on the right! And I couldn't be more thrilled that Laurie King's generous pull quote is featured front and center. (Thanks, Laurie!)

What's the deal with Captain Hook, anyway? Here's a little background on my novel,  and here's a history of the character in the 106 years since he made his debut on the London stage.

Alias Hook is available for pre-order, nationally, on Amazon, and locally from Bookshop Santa Cruz. It also has its own page on Indie Bound to match up readers with an independent bookseller near you.

And speaking of Bookshop Santa Cruz, I'll be there, reading from and signing copies of Alias Hook on Thursday, July 17, 7:30 pm. Get in line now! (Okay, just kidding, but I hope to see you there!)

2 comments:

  1. From Trish M:

    I love your new cover, Lisa.  I'll be first in line to get it signed in July.  Congrats on getting your book released in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Sally J:

    Yippee!! Your cover is splendid, Lisa. So eye-catching, strong design and color...exterior is a tribute to the high quality interior.  

    ReplyDelete